Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dhanush to contact cyber crime authorities

Actor Dhanush is peeved about the fact that he is being impersonated on Facebook, the popular social networking site.

Says Dhanush: “My identity has been stolen by someone in virtual space and I am not going to take it lightly after realizing that almost 4000 people, mostly my fans across the globe are interacting with this person thinking that it’s me!”

The problem is that this particular person who has opened an account in the name of Dhanush Kasthuri Raja has been connecting with actor’s fans and posing as if he is the real Dhanush. This is a clear case of impersonation as well as cheating many who adore the actor.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Adds Dhanush: “This person has been connecting with my fans who don't know that the ID is fake. I want to nip this problem in the bud”.

The actor is worried that someone might end up using his name to con people and thereby tarnish his image and brand name.

Sources close to the actor say that if the fake ID is not deactivated soon, Dhanush might take up the matter with Indian cyber crime police authorities.

No comments:

Cilck The ADS